Stay Steps Away From Where President Lincoln Gave The Gettysburg Address
The Gettysburg Hotel, Est. 1797 has a tradition of hospitality that dates to 1797, when James Scott first opened his tavern. In the summer of 1863, the hotel played witness to one of the seminal events in American history during a pivotal three-day Civil War battle. President Lincoln honed the immortal words of his Gettysburg Address at the Wills House, just steps away from the hotel. Nearly a century later, the hotel served as President Dwight Eisenhower’s national operations center. After a careful and detailed restoration, the historic Gettysburg Hotel once again welcomes guests to share in its rich legacy.
The hotel’s location and proximity to Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Harrisburg and Hershey make it an ideal spot for traveling to a variety of historic sites and places of interest.
Our associates have extensive knowledge of the Gettysburg, Pennsylvania area and its attractions. Many are Certified Tourism Ambassadors for Gettysburg and it’s their pleasure to assist you with your exploration of our town. We can coordinate the purchase of tickets for bus tours, ghost tours, golfing, Majestic Theatre tickets and other area attractions. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions regarding directions or attractions in town.
We’re happy to provide this list of some of the Gettysburg attractions within close proximity to the hotel. For a complete listing of all events, attractions, shops, restaurants and attractions, please visit Destination Gettysburg online.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania Area Attractions
- David Wills House – 0 miles from the hotel
- Steven B. Wiley & The Lincoln Leadership Institute - 0 miles from the hotel
- Majestic Theatre – 0 miles from the hotel
- Gettysburg College - .25 miles from the hotel
- Battlefield - .25 miles from the hotel
- Eisenhower Historical Site - 1.5 miles from the hotel
- Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center - 1.5 miles from the hotel
- General Lee’s Headquarters & Museum – 1 mile from the hotel
- Gettysburg National Cemetery - .5 miles from the hotel
- Lutheran Theological Seminary - .5 miles from the hotel
- Ghosts of Gettysburg - .2 miles from the hotel
- Outlet Shoppes at Gettysburg – 3 miles from hotel
- Adams County Winery - 8 miles from the hotel
- Hauser Estate Winery - 8.9 miles from the hotel
- Liberty Mountain - 10 miles from the hotel
- Hershey Park – 50 miles from the hotel