“March Into Spring”- First Friday Gettysburg Style
Published March 1, 2011
March is here! Even though the weather may still be a bit chilly, spend your Friday evening (March 4th) downtown and help us welcome in the spring season! For this First Friday, stop by participating retailers and collect Spring Flower seeds and Herbs courtesy of Reid’s Orchard and Winery Tasting Room at Jennie’s House.
Participating businesses include:
- Reid’s Orchard & Winery Tasting Room at Jennie’s House, 242 Baltimore Street
- Gettysburg Eddies, 217 Steinwehr Ave
- Foxxy Moxxy, 1 Lincoln Square
- T&S Clothing and Gifts, 1 Chambersburg Street
- Pages of the Past, 10 York Street
- McClellans Tavern, 1 Lincoln Sqaure
- Dunlaps, 90 Buford Ave
- True Friends Boutique, 22 Baltimore Street
- Adam’s County Winery, 25 Chambersburg Street
- Gettysburg Day Spa, 221 Chambersburg Street
- Freedom Transit
- Goin’ Postal, 1863 Gettysburg Village Drive
- Gettysburg Gift Center, 297 Steinwehr Ave
- Tail Chasers Grooming and Pet Supply, 100 Buford Ave
- Martins Family Shoes, 26 Baltimore Street
- Wentz Stained Glass, 48 York Street
- Tiptons Grill, 135 Baltimore Street
- Codoris House of Gifts, 2 York Street
- Town and Campus, 8 Carlisle Street
- Dobbin House
Don’t forget to collect signatures from 3 participating businesses and drop of your coupon at any participating business. You will be entered to win this months grand prize which is a $100 gift certificate to Gettysburg Eddies! Click here to download your coupon!
Here are some things you will definitely want to check out:
Reid’s Orchard and Winery will be offering $1 off their newly released strawberry wine made from 100% Estate Grown strawberries!
Pages Of the Past will be featuring owner and professional scrapbook artist, Julie Cade. Julie will be around to share some of her completed scrapbooks as well as offer some tips on how you can turn that old box of photos into a brand new and safely preserved set of memories! Scrapbooks are great for gifts or even just to keep for memory.
McClellan’s Tavern will be offering a special appetizer for First Friday: Buttermilk Fried Alligator with Ranch Dipping Sauce! (Yes, I said alligator!!) If you never tried it, you must make this a “to-do!” Also try our Happy Hour Drink Special- the Bumblebee (Layered Guinness and Orange Juice).
Don’t feel like walking? Freedom Transit is offering an all day pass for $1 (regular $3) after 3pm.
Tipton’s Grill is holding a dinner that will benefit the Adams County Arts Council from 6-9pm. Read more about this event on their Facebook page.
Check out the First Friday Gettysburg Style Facebook page for more deals and information.
See you on Friday!