2nd Annual Dancing With The Local Stars
Published November 8, 2011
This Friday, November 11th, marks the 2nd Annual Dancing With The Local Stars event in downtown Gettysburg to benefit the Gettysburg & Adams County YWCA! Dancing With the Local Stars pairs a “local star” with a professional dancer or choreographer to perform two dances in a one-night competition. Last year’s inaugural event at the Gettysburg Hotel was sold out. Last year’s event was such a huge success and this year’s event, held at the Majestic Theater, is sure to please with a new cast of “stars”!
This year’s couples are:
- Jim Biesecker, of Gettysburg College, sponsored by the United Way of Adams County Volunteer Center; with Lauren Swartz, of the Hanover School of Music and Dance, sponsored by Fastenal Gettysburg
- Jason Cole, of and sponsored by Helicopter Applicators Inc.; with Bridgid Wills, freelance choreographer, sponsored by Miller & Associates Real Estate, LLC
- Jesse Mills, of Grace Kelly Salon, sponsored by Fran Drago, Agent for State Farm; with Holly Fox, freelance choreographer, L & H Mechanical and Electrical Services, Inc
- Tara Reyka, of the Gettysburg Hospital Foundation, sponsored by Adam’s Electric Cooperative, Inc.; with Chad-Alan Carr, of and sponsored by the Adams County School of Musical Theatre
- Bobbi Becker, of Foxxy Moxxy Boutique, sponsored by O’Rorke’s Family Eatery; with Brent Talbot, choreographer, sponsored by Shropshire Music Foundation
- Lisa Grim, of and sponsored by The Pub & Restaurant; with Tony Bombita, choreographer, sponsored by Ann Orndorff and Nurse-Midwifery Care
“Last year was tough to top, but this year we are raising the bar,” said Derrick Kuhn, co-director of the YWCA’s sports and fitness department and chair of the event’s planning committee. This year’s dancers will perform the foxtrot and a second dance of their choice. All proceeds from the event benefit the YWCA’s sports and fitness department and operating fund.
There will also be a 50/50 cash raffle and basket raffles with prizes donated by: Adidas Factory Outlets Gettysburg, Hauser Estate Winery/17 on the Square, Wyndham Hotel, Gateway Theater, Foxy Moxy Boutique, Mary Kay/Rebeca Krishan, Massage Therapist Emily Bucher and Strawberry Hill Nature Preserve.
Take a look at this video re-cap of last year’s event: