Four Insider Tips to Rock the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival like a Pro
Published April 25, 2018
We’re sharing the inside track to make the most of the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival this May
Located less than 10 minutes down the road from the Gettysburg Hotel is Granite Hill Camping Resort, the home of the annual Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival. This year marks the 76th Annual Bluegrass Festival and attracts bluegrass and country music fans from all over the East Coast and Midwest. Revel in four days of music that feature bluegrass, country, newgrass, and other related acoustic styles. At the festival, you can also find all different types of vendors selling arts, crafts, and food. Make sure to bring your own lawn chair to watch all the wonderful musical acts.
When: May 17-20
Where: Granite Hill Camping Resort
Tickets, Schedule, and Information
#1 – Preview the artists
Planning on visiting the festival and want to make sure your favorite artist is going to play? Learn more about each performer and their unique style by visiting the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival website and clickings on each performer’s photo. We’re really excited to see Grammy Award-winning Frank Solivan & Dirty Kitchen. Check-out their cover of a classic Roy Orbison song below.
#2 – Sign-up for a workshop
One of the best parts of this family-friendly music festival is that you can learn from it! Experience lessons and tips from the professionals. A variety of workshops are available from circle jam sessions and kids classes. Hone your bluegrass skills so you can enjoy the music all year long.
#3 – Book our bed & breakfast package
Enjoy our historic accommodations in the prime location of downtown Gettysburg. The Gettysburg Hotel offers a variety of room types to best suit your traveling needs. Before you spend the day outside, fuel up with a delicious breakfast at our signature restaurant, One Lincoln. Our recently updated breakfast menu has something for everyone – yogurt parfait, a variety of pancakes, vegetable frittata, or our famous Bananas Foster French Toast.
#4 – Enjoy all that Gettysburg has to offer.
Be sure to make the most of your trip to Gettysburg for the Bluegrass Festival. Our little slice of Pennsylvania heaven has so much to offer; history, local food, unique drink, and entertainment will blend together with your weekend of music to create the ideal getaway.
- History – Whether you want to take in the history of the battlefields and other Civil War landmarks or want to learn more about the ghostly past of Gettysburg, there is a tour for you! Learn more about our friends at the Gettysburg Licensed Town Historians and their tours to see which one peaks your interest.
- Culture and Entertainment – Gettysburg has a thriving theater community that can’t be missed. Our neighbors at the Majestic Theatre always have something playing that will leave you with pure enjoyment and lasting memories. View Schedule
- Wineries and Distilleries – Adams County is home to a number of wineries and distilleries that are waiting to welcome you. We’ve talked about some of our favorites here.
- Shopping – Don’t miss some of our favorite shops in downtown Gettysburg for tokens to commerate your visit like Lark, True Friends Boutique, The Nerd Herd, Gallery 30, and so many more!
- Visit a Farmer’s Market – The season of fresh local produce is finally here! Our updated menus at One Lincoln were created to help showcase the bounty of southern Pennsylvania and we’re excited to share the local fare with you. Check out a list of our favorites here.
Be sure to follow along for updates on the event their Facebook page. Mark your calendars for the second installment of this music festival from August 16-19!